How to setup Twilio with FileCap
- We assume you already have a Twilio account, if not you can create one at https://www.twilio.com
- Login to your Twilio account and add money to your account balance so you can use SMS messages.
- At Dashboard -> Project Info you can get the required Account SID and Auth Token
- At the FileCap Administation Portal go to “General Settings -> SMS text Authentication” and add the following:
– In the field “Twilio AccessKey” enter the Account SID from the Twilio website
– In the field “Twilio AuthToken” enter the Auth Token from the Twilio website
- Test the functionality by entering a mobile phone number and check if you receive the SMS message.
Phone number validation
Since FileCap Server version 4.3.0 local phone numbers (without +countrycode) will be validated, Twilio supports this feature and this is enabled by default. The Twilio phone number validation will tell FileCap if the specified phone number looks valid and transform the phone number to international format.