Once installed the FileCap Outlook Plugin will be visible in the new e-mail dialog of outlook:
Note: Prior to FileCap Outlook Plugin version 4.2.0 the plugin buttons where on the right side of the dialog.
The FileCap has multiple ways of triggering an upload to the FileCap server:
- The “Use FileCap for all attachments” OR “Automatically send with FileCap when attachment size exceeds” settings that are set under “Plugin settings -> Microsoft Outlook”.
- Another way to trigger a file upload is by manually checking the checkbox “Send with FileCap”:
Note: Since FileCap Outlook Plugin version 4.2.0 it is also possible to check the checkbox “Send with FileCap” by default. This can be done by setting registry settings.
Since FileCap Server version 4.2.0 it is also possible to enable mail encryption, this will enable the “Send Encrypted” button, which allows you to send encrypted email messages through FileCap for extra security. This also requires FileCap Outlook Plugin version 4.2.0 or newer.
The transfer options button opens a new dialog with additional settings. The visible settings can be different depending on the FileCap server settings. For example, when SMS text authentication is disabled the checkbox will be hidden.
There are multiple transfer options available:
- The first option is the transfer password. The transfer password secures the file transfer with an additional password. This password should be send to the recipient via another channel (like: a phone call or text message) for added security. It is also possible to specify password requirements at the FileCap Server Security settings.
- The “Max. number of days to download” option defines how many days the files can be downloaded.
- The “Max. number of times to download” option defines how many times files can be downloaded.
- The “Mobile (SMS authentication)” option; With this feature enabled the following screen will appear when sending a file using FileCap:
Here you need to enter your own phone number and the phone numbers of all persons which will receive this email.
When someone try’s to download this file they will receive a SMS text message with a one-time token. This token is needed to download the files and will be renewed when the download link is clicked again. Token can be also used in combination with using a password.
When you add or change the number in “Your mobile number” you get the following message where you can save your number so that it is not needed to fill this all the time:
The “Invite someone”-button generates an invite email that can be sent to an external party. This party can use the link in the email to send a file to the person that send the invite.
The standard text in the email can be changed under “Plugin settings -> Microsoft Outlook”.