FileCap is deployed as a stand-alone system which means it has its own built-in operating system and update system. The FileCap Server currently is available in two deployment forms, a CD image in the form of an ISO which can be used to install on your own hardware, VMware or Hyper-V. And finally FileCap offers hardware appliances that come with FileCap pre-installed.
Choosing a deployment option
While choosing a deployment option you should take the following into consideration:
ISO Image (Recommended option)
- More flexibility, hard disk size is customizable
- Runs on custom hardware and FileCap Appliances
- Runs on VMWare and Hyper-V
- Installer auto installs latest security patches
- Easy backup and snapshots on virtualisation platforms
For the ISO installation steps see the chapter: Installing FileCap Server from ISO
- Data separation is optimal, confidential data is not stored on the same hardware as other data
- Hard disk is build in and cannot be changed without re-installation
VMware Virtual Appliance (This is an obsolete option, please use the ISO image)
- Fast and easy deployment in VMware
- VMware tools pre-installed
- Fixed hard disk size of 100GB
- Easy backup and snapshot function
We recommend to use the ISO image deployment option in combination with VMWare or Hyper-V. Using custom hardware or FileCap hardware is also possible, but less flexible.
Downloading FileCap Server and plugins
FileCap and its plugins can be downloaded from the download section of the FileCap website, the direct URL is: https://www.filecap.com/en/download/
This page suggests that you are downloading a Trial version of the product but the actual license that is used in the product will switch your FileCap installation between production and trial.